LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 May 12 2010

kareem_nasser

Re: Gaming News

Yup sorry i didnt post that.
So we are gonna pay to play MoH coming later this year, so we should stick to CoD but knowing Bobby he'll do the same thing.

#27 May 12 2010

Flakk

elchebib wrote:

EA will start an online fee of 10 USD on any used game that you want to play online.

So the next time you buy a used game from Nino, think about the 10 USD you're gonna pay EA to play online.

Thanks for the heads-up elchebib. But how can EA tell that its a used game? By using it in another PSN/Xlive account ?

Last edited by Flakk (May 12 2010)

#28 May 12 2010

elchebib

Flakk wrote:
elchebib wrote:

EA will start an online fee of 10 USD on any used game that you want to play online.

So the next time you buy a used game from Nino, think about the 10 USD you're gonna pay EA to play online.

Thanks for the heads-up elchebib. But how can EA tell that its a used game? By using it in another PSN/Xlive account ?

I guess that they'll link the game to your account so when you go online with another username you won't be able to unless you pay the 10 USD.

#29 May 24 2010

kareem_nasser

OK the BIG bomb for the Lebanese FPS lovers, KillZone3

#30 May 24 2010

Gomez012

kareem_nasser wrote:

OK the BIG bomb for the Lebanese FPS lovers, KillZone3

I LOVED Killzone on PS2.
Good times.

#31 May 24 2010

Flakk

Awesome. really waiting for this one.

#32 May 27 2010

Shatilov

They say that KZ3 will be 3D ready. Could this be possible on current gen consoles ?

#33 May 27 2010

azife

yes on the ps3 yes but not in 1080P it will have to be scaled down to 720P because  because it takes more power to render 3D

#34 May 27 2010

Shatilov

azife wrote:

yes on the ps3 yes but not in 1080P it will have to be scaled down to 720P because  because it takes more power to render 3D

haha and they say consoles are stronger than PCs

#35 May 27 2010

azife

yes PC's are stronger but more expensive then consoles and i rather play on a 42 inch rather then a 22

#36 May 27 2010

kareem_nasser

Nope not from 1080p to 720p it would be different becasue you cant find real native 1080p games on any console (there are but rare) so from 720p to sub-HD resolution  like in CoD MW 600p.
So probably the talk about KZ3 using 100% SPU load is mostly for the 3D resources.

#37 May 28 2010

MegaCool

azife wrote:

yes PC's are stronger but more expensive then consoles and i rather play on a 42 inch rather then a 22

you know that you can actually connect and play pc on a 42+ inch tv screen right?? if not then i feel sorry for you man,
and if you use your money wisely and chose the perfect pc parts you can actually build a low budget 400$ pc that
is actually at least 3 to 5x more powerful than a current gen console now,  the only advantage consoles have is their exclusive
titles that will never be on a pc. other than that computers will always be a better choice imo...

#38 May 28 2010

kareem_nasser

Correction: You will not be able to build a PC with a 200GFLOPS CPU power and 1.8TFLOPS(theoretical) GPU with $400, even though they are hyped a lot i can agree but the key is to have a weird architecture like the ps3 to make there life span longer.

#40 May 29 2010

Hamboza

consoles, bring a much better gaming experience, whether the pc is stronger or not.

#41 May 29 2010

kareem_nasser

Everyone has his own taste to gaming.

#42 May 29 2010

iWiCkeD

Heads up,
I read the other day that @ the E3 event (which is very soon) Sony will announce a new premium service for the PSN Live. Which means that they're gonna start charging for online gaming....however, there are still no details on this matter, so stay tuned for Sony's keynotes at this year E3 event.

#43 May 29 2010

elchebib

iWiCkeD wrote:

Heads up,
I read the other day that @ the E3 event (which is very soon) Sony will announce a new premium service for the PSN Live. Which means that they're gonna start charging for online gaming....however, there are still no details on this matter, so stay tuned for Sony's keynotes at this year E3 event.

Sony have stated many countless times that the service in its current form will remain FREE; i.e. the online play will remain free.

What they're going to charge for is additional stuff that they'll add to the basic free service.

#44 May 29 2010

kareem_nasser

+1 thats true and as we can see HBO is no available. thebad thing is for EA they will charge for online gaming, even though they have F2P games like Battlefield Heroes.

#45 May 29 2010

elchebib

kareem_nasser wrote:

+1 thats true and as we can see HBO is no available. thebad thing is for EA they will charge for online gaming, even though they have F2P games like Battlefield Heroes.

Nope. EA will only make those who buy used games to pay a one-time fee of 10 USD to play online. Those who buy the game new will continue playing for free.

#46 May 29 2010

kareem_nasser

So they are fighting piracy again?

#47 May 29 2010

elchebib

They're trying to get a piece from the used game market which is especially huge in the US. When someone buys a used game, the developer doesn't receive any of the money spent.

#48 May 29 2010

kareem_nasser

Yup according to NPD from GS pretty much most AAA games get rented a lot + in some user reviews they recommend renting games before buying which means renting is ordinary there.

#49 May 29 2010

Flakk

kareem_nasser wrote:

Yup according to NPD from GS pretty much most AAA games get rented a lot + in some user reviews they recommend renting games before buying which means renting is ordinary there.

yes it is alot
look at www.gamefly.com Huge list of rentals and they deliver to your home.  EA knows what its doing to make money from rented games.

#50 May 29 2010

elchebib

And speaking of games rentals, we do in Lebanon have something similar although to a smaller scale. Check it out:

http://www.couchpotatodvd.net/catalogue-list.php?type=6

Board footer