LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 28 2009

tich

The BarCamp LiveFeed! (barcamp-lebanon)

hey folks,
this is tich from channel 3 network, and this is the news:
We're here at barcamp and, as you can see behind me, it's full of people :) Everyone is so happy to be here, and no one is standing alone in the corner. We finally found our soulmates  someone who talks our language
Anyways, Crazy is *supposed to be* taking pictures like crazy, and we're thinking of posting them on Flickr. Right now, we're still at the "first base", but it won't be long before we take it to the second base  (for the retarded: check xkcd ).
<10:54> Crazy got his T-Shirt and he's SO HAPPY!!!yay :lol:
<10:55>  Discussions over the time schedule have not yet begun, but analysts say that the deputies from both parties have come to a common agreement, we can only hope for it to be beneficial for the people.
<11:03> ay regystererered and gotz ma t-shert

more to come after this break..

#2 February 28 2009

tich

Re: The BarCamp LiveFeed! (barcamp-lebanon)

And welcome back to our live coverage of this exceptional event. As you can see behind me, fewd is here :) hurray....

<11:11> FEWD FEWD FEWD!!!!!!
<11:14> Samer holds a private interview with someone (dressed in green), and he's introducing LebGeeks...yeepee.
<11:20> And the way we go!!! Munir started talking 
<11:24> And he's still talking  not that he's boring tho, he's funney
<11:27> Ok we started :)
<11:34> Everyone wrote their ideas on a piece of paper and we're sharing them atm :)
<11:46> Finished sharing, we still have to decide on the topics :) There are some pretty interesting ideas in-there :)
<12:03> Ok it's official  we start at 12:15, Samer, and another web developer, are holding a session about web standards or something like that  As for my session, it'll be about web and network security and/or privacy. ( hope at least one guy shows up )
Fingers crossed :)
<12:06> yay Crazy is attending my session  yeepee.

be right back after this break :)

#3 February 28 2009

battikh

no live video feed? or even audio? if you do a live audio feed i'll attend your session

#4 February 28 2009

tich

haha shut up  we barely have internets
anywayz, back to the news:
<13:00> End of first session, people are discussing while having lunch right now ;). On a sidenote: teh food is GWAYT 
<13:25> Still having lunch, upcoming interesting sessions: Samer's session, and a session about making a hacker's convention in lebanon :) (Defcon FTW!!)

Stay tuned for more :)

#5 February 28 2009

tich

<14:13> I'm In Teh Hacking Session And Samer Is In Teh Php One.

#6 February 28 2009

Padre

hacking session ? i should have attended
who's giving the session ? and what are the topics ?
more info please
and yay for Defcon  anyone wanna go with us this year to vegas ??

Last edited by Padre (February 28 2009)

#7 February 28 2009

tich

haha it didn't turn out to be a hacking session... The guy had a good idea, which is to hold regular fate-to-face programming competitions (holding homemade bot contests...) if anyone is interested, his email is raja.baz (a/t) gmail.com . i think he's going to come and ask for volunteers here
anyways it just ended, and i have to start MY session, the network security one :)
i'll be back for more

#8 February 28 2009

tich

<16:10> My session just ended :) Participants were (in no special order): Denis (nuclearcat) , a woman from the "baldati" network, three guys i don't know (but they seem experienced) , samer,(edit: and Crazy) and me :)
it was a very, very interesting session, thanks nuc for sharing your rich experience :) We're wrapping up at the moment. More info later.
Small conclusion: AMAZING! wish everyone was here :)

edit: sorry Crazy, i only forgot you because you're such a civilized man, and that you presence may pass unnoticed, eventhough your contributions  were very useful :)

Last edited by tich (February 28 2009)

#9 February 28 2009

crazy

Thanks for forgetting me tich...

#10 February 28 2009

mir

i am so jealous guys.. seem like u had tons of fun.
hope u got my regards from samer...

I finished work at client at 1:00.. but it was so damn cold and gtayta and barad on the way back it took us quite a long time to get back... was back to beirut area around 3
this sucks big time..

post pics of the day already ! here is my contribution (it was very weird the barad splashing like water when driving and it was on relatively low altitude )

barad.jpg

Last edited by mir (February 28 2009)

#11 February 28 2009

Padre

humm ... enlighten us guys !!
i just finished work way too late to be there on time

#12 February 28 2009

rolf

I didnt know there was a demand for database applications in lebanese mountain villages :/

BTW, I totally forgot about that thing, and I regret that I missed it... :(

Last edited by rolf (February 28 2009)

#13 February 28 2009

crazy

Ok, I've resized the pics and uploading them now on flicker.. will give you the link as soon as done:) too bad rolf mir padre, did not have the chance to meet you guys. Another time maybe:)

#14 February 28 2009

tich

ok i iz back home :) .  it was a long, tiring, but fruitful, day. LebGeeks got itself a very good advertising, thanks to Samer, and we're hoping a lot of fellow geeks will join this network :)
From now on, barcamps will most likely happen once every month, so it's just the start :)
Finally, i'd like to thank the organizers and the sponsors. Without you guys, we wouldn't have met such amazing people! :)

P.S: Summaries for each session will be written on this page: http://www.barcamp.org/OpenSesame-BarCamp-Lebanon-notes so check it out from time to time :)
lat0rz

#15 February 28 2009

mir

was nuc there ? what was his contribution about ?
where there MS ppl in the open source meeting ? what was their contribution ? did they leave safe  ?
who won the hacking challenges that nuc was supposed to set up ?

Thanks Samer for the effort :) and thank you guys for showing up and giving lebgeeks a good image :)
hope more good ppl join

Crazy, you smell like a pro photographer... flickr w cam w ossas... elaborate
tich, yi3tik l 3afyeh dude

and rolf, lol dude for the forget part... and this was not on mountain area.. more like 700 m altitude max, it is barad accumulating not snow and yes there is a need for DB apps in the mountains.. shu mush bashar ?
It is one of the issues that we need to address as geeks and make tech available for the " manati2 l ne2yeh "

Last edited by mir (February 28 2009)

#16 February 28 2009

tich

hehe thanks for the emotional support mir
yeah nuc was there :) but there were no hacking competitions... didn't even know he was planning to hold some.. :S
And yeah there were MS lads there  they got beaten up pretty roughly by Samer and the other guy he was holding a PHP session with (get more details from Samer himself ).   I think they actually left early
Yalla i'm heading off to sleep nowzzzzzZzZz yawn: :mad::o:lol::o:mad::|

#17 March 1 2009

crazy

Actually one of the MS guys, was holding a session about: What is open source^^ nuc and some other guys tried to explain to him a bit, but I don't know if he got the point:D hahaha

For the pics, they are on flickr, and it's the first time I use it, so I am trying to figure out what is the link to the photostream so you could go and check them out...

#18 March 1 2009

crazy

Never mind, it was there all the time under my eyes to see^^ here is the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35846696@N02/

The pictures are from the last til the first, (stupid flickr, who organize picture like this..) if someone has comments, put them, did not have the time to do that. As for me, I'm not in any picture^^ I was doing the work all the time:p

Enjoy

#19 March 1 2009

samer
Admin

Put the pictures under CC :)

#20 March 1 2009

rolf

thx for the photos :)

Last edited by rolf (March 1 2009)

#21 March 1 2009

crazy

Done, I thought it came by default, it's CCed^^

#22 March 1 2009

samer
Admin

crazy wrote:

Done, I thought it came by default, it's CCed^^

Donatella will be proud :)

Edit: mass-tag the photos as barcamp-lebanon

In order to make all blog/twitter/facebook postings related to this event searchable, please tag everything with: "barcamp-lebanon".  Thanks!

#23 March 1 2009

crazy

I did tag them all barcamp-lebanon... gonna check again though

#24 March 1 2009

mir

hmm.. i recognized denys and david in the pics
no names or activity were included :(

the MS Dude was he the one in black and with glasses also black ? he is a nice dude, what did you do to him ? hope not much torture?

who is the dude with the white sony vaio and funny hair ? tale3 shi 100 mara in the pics

#25 March 1 2009

crazy

who is the dude with the white sony vaio and funny hair ? tale3 shi 100 mara in the pics

That's tich!! he was trying to do a live feed^^

Board footer