LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 October 2 2011

FuSe

Re: It has begun

mohammadk97 wrote:

Ogero site opened!

and? please give me some good news !!
Edit: lame ! not even the quota changed !!!

Last edited by FuSe (October 2 2011)

#77 October 2 2011

Mahmoud Brk

Well, it seems I'm staying with Ogero. I was thinking of Terranet because of the unlimited night traffic.  I hope Ogero upgrade it soon. Damn it!

#78 October 2 2011

z0uz

strange the website doesn't seem to open with me.. ogero 256 user

EDIT: nevermind it did but its taking ages!

Last edited by z0uz (October 2 2011)

#79 October 2 2011

wollyka

Got the below email from Mobi

Dear Friends,

Today we got promised by the Ministry of Telecom that tomorrow we will be handed the international E1 decisions; we expect the Ministry to put them in service within 4 to 5 days at most.

We regret this delay yet it is out of our hands. Once the international bandwidth is put in service, we will automatically activate the new packages.

Warm regards, Mobi Team

#80 October 2 2011

-=CyberGoD=-

Don't bother yourself with it, it is very very very slow and nothing has been changed not even the packages prices..

#81 October 2 2011

Kareem

I said earlier in a thread that we should not expect any change before November... That's only if everything goes as planned but it will not....

Sehnaoui and the MoT released the decree congrats... and then what ? what about Technical feasibily..?

Note that since most ISPs depend on Ogero cables and Ogero has not upgraded the bandwidth yet, Terranet and fellows bandwidth will stay capped..

Not to mention that Sehnaoui is not on good terms with Ogero and Abdul Men3em Youssef :)  Need I say more.. I think you know how things will end..

#82 October 2 2011

mohammadk97

Get ready for the disappointment guys, i just red in tv that the minister of Ogero will not upgrade the speed for couple of days, no surprise.

#83 October 2 2011

GS_ToxicGamer

ogero user 256K, what do you mean he wont upgrade for a couple of days? you mean they will resume work on tuesday or we have to wait till tuesday for everything to be up and running if thats the case its fine till tuesday hopefully not more. man i hate it when this happens

#84 October 2 2011

Kareem

I suspect what said above is true for one single reason... They will not upgrade the speed before upgrading the quota. Since the quota has not been upgraded for Ogero subscribers, I highly doubt they will change it before the new cycle...that is starting from November.

#85 October 3 2011

dp0001

Cyberia residential update

account was changed to 4mbps & 25 gb, speed still @ 512 (old plan);  but new 25gb download quota in effect

called cyberia, and they are saying that everything is in effect on their side, waiting for ogero to "open the lines on the central side"

modem still shows:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    125 / 512

Last edited by dp0001 (October 3 2011)

#86 October 3 2011

Chup

Any IDM users have their quota increased but same old speed ?

#87 October 3 2011

jasmar82

IDM user, 512, got the quota increase only, i have 19GB remaning, dunno how. same speed.
Though i called last week, they said the quota would increase to 10GB not 20.

#88 October 3 2011

Prince WJ

Chup wrote:

Yeap, same speed so far, and the total quota (UP + Down) is 10 GB, for 35 $ + VAT

#89 October 3 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

I wonder how will be the file sharing websites after the speed increase aka rapidshare,megaupload,turbobit...deja now it's very difficult to get a download link because of superheavy charged shared IP :(
Btw I don't expect new speeds before the end of the month minimum and it can go till December max before they activate them, they will always find an excuse to postpone it

#90 October 3 2011

rawan

jasmar82 wrote:

IDM user, 512, got the quota increase only, i have 19GB remaning, dunno how. same speed.
Though i called last week, they said the quota would increase to 10GB not 20.

Your quota is 19 GB because they probably added your existing up/down quota from before. For some reason, my account (also 512) shows I'm subscribed to the 2mbps/11GB plan... probably you too..

My speed slightly increased, btw... Getting around 0.8 mbps on speedtest...downloading at around 90-110 KBps

#91 October 3 2011

Sami27

IDM 256Kbps user here. Yesterday the quota was upgraded (From 3GB to 5GB -_- ) and today the speed was upgraded to 2Mbps. Hopefully others will receive the upgrade soon.
Here's a speedtest from today morning. Better line quality (From D+ to B+) but same old sub-400ms ping.
fc9f8a99bb1a41d996622ce811b86169bdbf5f94f860b7972e3acceef03b26154g.jpg

Last edited by Sami27 (October 3 2011)

#92 October 3 2011

rawan

Sami27 wrote:

IDM 256Kbps user here. Yesterday the quota was upgraded (From 3GB to 5GB -_- ) and today the speed was upgraded to 2Mbps. Hopefully others will receive the upgrade soon.

Was your speed actually upgraded? (ie did you test? or does it just saw that it was upgraded on your account page?)

Btw, shouldn't 256 be upgraded to 1 mbps?

#93 October 3 2011

Sami27

rawan wrote:
Sami27 wrote:

Was your speed actually upgraded? (ie did you test? or does it just saw that it was upgraded on your account page?)

I updated the post with a speedtest. Also, yes it is 1Mbps but I have filled out an IDM form for 2Mbit so I mixed up a bit, sorry for the confusion.

#94 October 3 2011

rawan

Nice! Glad your speed was upgraded too! Keep us updated on when IDM upgrades you to 2 mbps, btw

I'll check if mine got the 2mbps upgrade when I get home..

Sami27 wrote:
rawan wrote:
Sami27 wrote:

I updated the post with a speedtest. Also, yes it is 1Mbps but I have filled out an IDM form for 2Mbit so I mixed up a bit, sorry for the confusion.

#96 October 3 2011

rawan

Nice.. Glad to see we've got the 20 gb cap on the 2mbps connection :)

I'm a prepaid user...my internet expires in a week.. I wonder when the "new plans" prepaid cards will be available..

#97 October 3 2011

Monkey D. Luffy

Prince WJ wrote:
Chup wrote:

Yeap, same speed so far, and the total quota (UP + Down) is 10 GB, for 35 $ + VAT

same here!

#98 October 3 2011

kareem_nasser

IDM amazes me more, a fully detailed FAQ:
@Monkey D. Luffy

2- Prepaid customers: Which Scratch Card shall I use to renew my account?
IDM will soon introduce to the market an assortment of new Scratch Cards to cater and accommodate for all the new plans. Meanwhile, customers may use the same old Scratch Cards to refill their accounts momentarily knowing that they will automatically benefit from the new plans advantage. The old Scratch Cards will be used to recharge the new plans as follows:

Old Scratch Card 128Kbps/$21 will be used to recharge your account and will give you 1Mbps/5GB(sum of upload and download)/$21
Old Scratch Card 256Kbps/$25.50 will be used to recharge your account and will give you 1Mbps/6GB(sum of upload and download)/$25.50
Old Scratch Card 512Kbps/$44 will be used to recharge your account and will give you 2Mbps/11GB(sum of upload and download)/$44
Old Scratch Card 1Mbps/$77 will be used to recharge your account and will give you 4Mbps/25GB(sum of upload and download)/$77

All above prices are VAT Included.

Note that the new Scratch Cards will become available in the market during the month of October to cater all subscribers new plan. Please keep visiting our website to learn when the new cards become available.

#99 October 3 2011

mohammadk97

Is the speed been upgraded to some users of Ogero?

#100 October 3 2011

HooZ

No!

I'm an Ogero user (256kbps)

still the same unfortunately
1514704933.png

Board footer