LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 October 1 2011

wollyka

Re: It has begun

IDM old 512 now 2Mbps
1510935265.png

#52 October 1 2011

Neoxter

I got a message that says i got the new speed. However, i'm a pre-paid user, and my account expired days ago, where do I find the new recharge cards?

#53 October 1 2011

rawan

m0ei wrote:

IDM, my account got upgraded to 2 mbps with 10 gb quota !! but i currently have 20 gb quota and 17 gb left, i think they added your old upload quota and download quota to the new package.

Currently the speed is 1 mbps, but they said it will become better in the next 3 days max.

You can check the new plans on their websites. Only 3 plans available but if u call them, they will make an account with 20 gb for the 2 mbps package with 10$ more !! 2 mbps 10 gb quota costs 35$ (without vat).

oh ans i juat got a message that my account got upgraded.

Hey.. You sure about the 20 GB cap for $10 extra? How exactly would you do that? (as a prepaid customer, let's say)

I also got upgraded, btw.. 512k to 2 mbps... Speed, as with the others, is around 1mbps so far... Account page also shows 11 GB quota (not sure why too lol)... Also nothing mentioned about unlimited nights, but they said (on the phone) that that's still there... (double speed isn't though, obviously...)

Currently confused why Terranet is offering 20 GB cap with the 2mbps plan and IDM is only offering 10 GB...or why IDM has 4 mbps as the highest plan (whatever happened to the 6-8 one?)...I guess we'll have to wait and see..

#54 October 1 2011

Lebscream

I just called OGero they said new account released, but not new speed all account now 1MB... i already had 1MB since years but now price is 24000l.l and the new speed will be next month ... screw this

#55 October 1 2011

m0ei

rawan wrote:
m0ei wrote:

IDM, my account got upgraded to 2 mbps with 10 gb quota !! but i currently have 20 gb quota and 17 gb left, i think they added your old upload quota and download quota to the new package.

Currently the speed is 1 mbps, but they said it will become better in the next 3 days max.

You can check the new plans on their websites. Only 3 plans available but if u call them, they will make an account with 20 gb for the 2 mbps package with 10$ more !! 2 mbps 10 gb quota costs 35$ (without vat).

oh ans i juat got a message that my account got upgraded.

Hey.. You sure about the 20 GB cap for $10 extra? How exactly would you do that? (as a prepaid customer, let's say)

I also got upgraded, btw.. 512k to 2 mbps... Speed, as with the others, is around 1mbps so far... Account page also shows 11 GB quota (not sure why too lol)... Also nothing mentioned about unlimited nights, but they said (on the phone) that that's still there... (double speed isn't though, obviously...)

Currently confused why Terranet is offering 20 GB cap with the 2mbps plan and IDM is only offering 10 GB...or why IDM has 4 mbps as the highest plan (whatever happened to the 6-8 one?)...I guess we'll have to wait and see..

Well i doubt you will be able to get a 10 gb extra quota if your a prepaid user. I think users that pay using the bank wil be able to. But they said in their latest news that you can contact them for other options not available in their current package.
Just contact them and let us know.

#56 October 1 2011

jadz

Got a msg from idm on my cell they said i got upgraded but didnt test it yet since iam not home yet

#57 October 1 2011

ranibalaa

@m0ei I called idm and i asked them if i can upgrade from 10gb to 20gb quota for 10$ extra they said it doesn't exist .

#58 October 1 2011

m0ei

ranibalaa wrote:

@m0ei I called idm and i asked them if i can upgrade from 10gb to 20gb quota for 10$ extra they said it doesn't exist .

mm what do they mean then with their latest news :

IDM will also offer other ADSL options for you to choose from and is ready to accommodate you at your convenience.

A friend of mine told me that i can upgrade the account to 20 gb for about 10$ more. I will make sure.

#59 October 1 2011

Salloum

I have Ogero and it seems like everything is much SLOWER today. any idea?

#60 October 1 2011

Bassem

Not a peep from SoDeTel.

#61 October 1 2011

jadz

its a bit wierd here my account management said its upgraded but, when i download i only reach 60k its not stable at that speed goes down and up all the time wierd, but well we got the quota increase so that should be okay for a while ^^

#62 October 1 2011

kfc

Does anyone know what are Terranet's packages?

#63 October 1 2011

ghaith

kfc wrote:

Does anyone know what are Terranet's packages?

Playing around with the url of the page i got yesterday notifying me of my plan upgrade shows:

http://dslnews.terra.net.lb/default128.aspx ($15.99 instead of 18.99)
http://dslnews.terra.net.lb/default256.aspx (Same as old price 22.99)
http://dslnews.terra.net.lb/default512.aspx (Same as old price at $39.99)
http://dslnews.terra.net.lb/default1024.aspx (Same as old price at $69.99)

#64 October 1 2011

Hamzewassim2
Banned

Guys what happened to ogero's website though it's not loading for god's sake...

#65 October 1 2011

hussam

The neighborhood cable guy who gives my sister internet sent her a text message announcing he will make the connection faster and cheaper now. I think he gets a connection from terra and redistributes it. I couldn't stop laughing. illegal internet providers are getting IMEWE too

#66 October 1 2011

jadz

illegal internet providers are getting IMEWE too

Of course i know someone who was distrubuting internet with a 2MB connection, he told me it will be upgraded to 22MB that way he planning to give his users 1mb unlimited connection each

#67 October 1 2011

rami

terranet:
1511370061.png

Last edited by rami (October 1 2011)

#68 October 1 2011

m0ei

just called IDM, they said max 2 days* and your internet speed will be upgraded.

Last edited by m0ei (October 1 2011)

#69 October 1 2011

jadz

i called IDM waited like 15 minutes on the line and no answer
by the way this is so sad i was download update for my iphone just when i had like 100mb left the modem decided to self restart anyone having this problem with router self restarting?

#70 October 1 2011

Hybrid

vegetaleb wrote:

The only good thing with Cyberia right now is that the download quota is already upgraded to 20gb, no upgraded speed though...

same here,

and wow, IDM is like $15 cheaper than Cyberia for the 2mbps plan :/

#71 October 1 2011

Hamzewassim2
Banned

it hasn't begun yet at least for me...
I am an ogero subscriber... no new speeds or quotas.. Plus the ogero website is down...

#72 October 1 2011

imadthemad

btw im getting speeds of 53KB\s now. almost instantly at 11 i could no longer stream videos on youtube (not in 360p or even 240p).
lame.

i swear if you want to be disappointed, do like me and put your faith in the lebanese government. Change? Yeah, right...

We can't even get 2% of wollyka's connection...

#73 October 2 2011

Sami27

IDM 256Kbps here. Have been getting 512Kbps speeds during peak hours and unlimited double speed time (I assume since double speed has been eliminated).
Also, yesterday's usage was removed and now I only see October 2. Is the minor speed upgrade part of this "slow migration"?

#74 October 2 2011

mohammadk97

Ogero site opened!

#75 October 2 2011

samer
Admin

Guys, please keep the discussion focused around Lebanon.
@Wollyka: no need to "put things into perspective" by posting a speed test from Sydney.

Board footer