LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 October 1 2011

marmat

Re: It has begun

IDM has just wrote an official news, with prices and such:
here is link:
http://www.idm.net.lb/about/news/adsl_new_plans.asp

but comon for 1 Mps we just have a cap of 5GB :s i thought it was 10 :s

#27 October 1 2011

Beej

ILIA_93 wrote:
Beej wrote:

Will these new speeds help us play online games better? And which connection that will allow for smooth gaming?

It depends on what you're looking for, and which kind of servers you're gonna be playing on.
1) The more the game is a massive multi-player one, you'll need to get higher speed, or the more the servers contains player. Like 1Mbps will be enough for 16 players server, but surely unplayable with 64 players.
2) If the servers you're gonna be plying on are "P2P", you need a rocket speed internet when playing with 20 players. While if the server is dedicated, 1Mbps should be more than enough.

I guess 4Mbps will be a descent speed to play like an extreme gamer. But not when your ping is still above 200ms!!!! No matter on what speed you'll get, 200ms ping will make the game lagy and unplayable.

Just try to keep yourself alive for about 3 years, until we get FTTH, and then go wild on the internet. Can you do that!! ;-)

Yea i figured that, but when there is a will there is a way ;).

Am not waiting for battlefield 5 or COD 10 or whatever online game to play . We will see soon enough though.

#28 October 1 2011

partam

marmat wrote:

IDM has just wrote an official news, with prices and such:
here is link:

but comon for 1 Mps we just have a cap of 5GB :s i thought it was 10 :s

There's something wrong, they missed the 1mbps 10gig package and the 2mbps should be 20gigs
Strange!!!

#29 October 1 2011

jsaade

Just saw http://www.idm.net.lb/about/news/adsl_new_plans.asp
They are stating that 128k is 19$, i am currently 128k and paying 26$ :)

#30 October 1 2011

Flakk

Anyone know if the Wise, Wirelessbits from pescotel have been upgraded? I have been trying to call Cyberia for the past two hours but all I get is Network Busy or Line busy.

#31 October 1 2011

Ghaleb

I just receive an SMS informing that my plan (512) has been updated to 2Mb, however I am still not seeing any speed improvement

#32 October 1 2011

Abou7meed

@ IDM : I was having 6GB as a remaining download now I have 0 remaining.
its 2 Mbps with 11 GB Quota.

I cant see my connection since I am at work!

#33 October 1 2011

Chup

There's something wrong, they missed the 1mbps 10gig package and the 2mbps should be 20gigs
Strange!!!

No one said isps are gonna have the same pricing as ogero
IDM's 2MB package is 35$ excluding vat
ogero's 2Mb package is 50$ excluding vat + 10GB

#34 October 1 2011

Blue7

IDM upgraded

#35 October 1 2011

Blue7

Ghaleb wrote:

I just receive an SMS informing that my plan (512) has been updated to 2Mb, however I am still not seeing any speed improvement

It will be on a gradually basis

#36 October 1 2011

jsaade

Just got an email and logged in to IDM, it says i am upgraded to 1mbps, but my line does not support unlimited nights (for unknown reasons).
But my modem did not get the news yet as I am still @ 128k

#37 October 1 2011

Chup

Your username: Lxxxxxx You are currently subscribed to Pre-Paid DSL 2048K 11GB
Your Expiry Date: 18-October-2011.
You have 62 idle days left.
You have 0 ACTIVE serials in your basket.
Dear IDM ADSL customer, we are pleased to inform you that your ADSL connection has been upgraded to the new plan mentioned above. Note that IDM will be working to gradually increase your internet speed over the next few weeks until you reach the stated plan above, meanwhile we hope you enjoy the new service and the additional GB.
Note that your telephone line is NOT Unlimited nights enabled since your line did not pass the feasibility test done to support such service enhancement.

#38 October 1 2011

m0ei

IDM, my account got upgraded to 2 mbps with 10 gb quota !! but i currently have 20 gb quota and 17 gb left, i think they added your old upload quota and download quota to the new package.

Currently the speed is 1 mbps, but they said it will become better in the next 3 days max.

You can check the new plans on their websites. Only 3 plans available but if u call them, they will make an account with 20 gb for the 2 mbps package with 10$ more !! 2 mbps 10 gb quota costs 35$ (without vat).

oh ans i juat got a message that my account got upgraded.

#39 October 1 2011

ranibalaa

as in what "gradually"? Like in 2 months or 2 weeks?

#40 October 1 2011

bskaram

IDM user, i just got upgraded from 1mbps to 4mbps
Quota from 5GB up 5GB down to 25GB shared

But my speed is still 1mpbs :/

Last edited by bskaram (October 1 2011)

#41 October 1 2011

marmat

I think all IDM users  are now suscribed to the new plan and got their cap upgraded but they still have the old speed, it hasn't been upgraded yet, they are working on it.

Any idea if we can get from IDM a package of 1mbps with a cap of 10gb(not a 5Gb) and how much will the price be?

#42 October 1 2011

m0ei

marmat wrote:

I think all IDM users  are now suscribed to the new plan and got their cap upgraded but they still have the old speed, it hasn't been upgraded yet, they are working on it.

Any idea if we can get from IDM a package of 1mbps with a cap of 10gb(not a 5Gb) and how much will the price be?

#43 October 1 2011

marmat

i know, i already know that.
Are you saying we can't, we gotta choose just between those 3?

#44 October 1 2011

amkahal

Guys, All DSL users who are got upgrades from their ISPs but not from Ogero, will get it on 10 Oct.

#45 October 1 2011

johnishing

Your username: Lxxxxxx. You are currently subscribed to ADSL 2048K 10GB
Dear IDM ADSL customer, we are pleased to inform you that your ADSL connection has been upgraded to the new plan mentioned above. Note that IDM will be working to gradually increase your internet speed over the next few weeks until you reach the stated plan above, meanwhile we hope you enjoy the new service and the additional GB.
Note that your telephone line is NOT Unlimited nights enabled since your line did not pass the feasibility test done to support such service enhancement.

chup you lucky bastard for some reason u got 1 more GB

ps. my speed is now under 200kbps although it should become faster not slower :/

#46 October 1 2011

m0ei

marmat wrote:

i know, i already know that.
Are u saying we can't, we gotta choose just between those 3?

"IDM will also offer other ADSL options for you to choose from and is ready to accommodate you at your convenience."

#47 October 1 2011

m0ei

johnishing wrote:

Your username: Lxxxxxx. You are currently subscribed to ADSL 2048K 10GB

chup u lucky bastard for some reason u got 1 more GB

ps. my speed is now under 200kbps although it should become faster not slower :/

I also got 11 gb quota, no idea why.

Btw there's no news about unlimited download at night from 11:00 PM tll 7:00 AM. They said it wil stay but it's not shown at the account management panel.

Last edited by m0ei (October 1 2011)

#48 October 1 2011

ahk40a

To the guys who started facing the change in the speed, kindly provide us with your Central Office name!

Regarding Mobi, or Pesco Telecom(wise, wirelessbits) it is not yet upgraded, the change in the speeds are only for ADSL connections.

Mobi as per www.lynx.net.lb mentioned that in mid of October there will be a new set of plans available.

#49 October 1 2011

elchebib

Got the upgrade message from IDM. I checked my account and its been gradually being upgraded to 2M from the old 512 plan.

Currently at:

1510856195.png

#50 October 1 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

The only good thing with Cyberia right now is that the download quota is already upgraded to 20gb, no upgraded speed though...

Board footer