LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#301 October 14 2011

Charbel

Re: It has begun

@Raficoo My connection was stable today throughout the day however at around 10 PM the speed started flickering and going between as low as 10kbps and as high as 1.0 mbps but it is not being cut off totally like yesterday night.

Last edited by Charbel (October 14 2011)

#302 October 14 2011

jadz

Just called iDM they said they have a problem my speed is like 10k or less any1 else having this issue??

#303 October 14 2011

rtp

me too :(

#304 October 14 2011

MrClass

same here. i was about to go nuts over terranet. I reset my router like 20 times this week. crappy connection, they still have 15 days to fix it; otherwise I'm changing ISPs

#305 October 15 2011

Dope14

1535595281.png

Last edited by Dope14 (October 18 2011)

#306 October 15 2011

rtp

internet back to normal speed ^_^

#307 October 15 2011

ahk40a

I believe you should read this:

ADSL2+ is the next generation of ADSL broadband with download speeds typically much faster than regular ADSL. Regular ADSL broadband has download speeds between 256kbps and a maximum theoretical speed of 8Mbps. ADSL2+ will allow you to enjoy large file downloads, graphic intensive online gaming, online streaming TV and radio, VoIP phone service as well as new applications and services currently being developed for super speed connections.

To achieve optimal TPG ADSL2+ speeds, customers must use an ADSL2+ capable modem and have filters installed on all telephone outlets. 20%, 50%, 70% of these ADSL2+ customers are achieving speeds of approximately 20Mbps, 15Mbps and 10Mbps respectively. Actual speeds achieved will vary due to a number of factors including distance from the local telephone exchange, network configuration and traffic, the quality of the customer’s copper phone line, EMI, cabling and equipment.

Regarding Dope14, I wonder how he got a speed of +27Mbps even thought that DSLAM used can provide a maximum speed of 25 Mbps at a distance of 300 meters from the CO.

Kindly try to test your connection using this website: www.testmy.net, and provide us with your result, thanks.

Last edited by ahk40a (October 15 2011)

#308 October 15 2011

Monkey D. Luffy

1535949186.png

Best ping I ever get but no speed

#309 October 15 2011

MrClass

What is the best ADSL modem you can find in Lebanon? I am not sure of this but I think my Zhone modem can't handle the speed even after a firmware upgrade. But also Terranet's support told me that the SN margin is not enough to handle the speed, though my attainable rate is 11Mbps down and 1Mbps up. Terranet also mentioned that the speed stability will be fixed in the end of October. I am totally lost now.

#310 October 15 2011

amkahal

For all Terranet users, i can confirm that the DSL connection will be the best in Lebanon starting November, since i am a reseller and i know some insiders ;), btw i'm getting a stable latency of 99 ms to europe using Terranet DSL.

Last edited by amkahal (October 15 2011)

#311 October 15 2011

MrClass

For Terranet users, did you pay the recharge fee for the month of October? Or was it free? I recharged using a 512K pre paid card, but have a hunch that some of you had this month for free; I mean shouldn't it be that way?

#312 October 15 2011

amkahal

@MrClass: no changes in pricing, we used to pay as usual, but the quota has increased.

#313 October 15 2011

Kareem

ahk40a wrote:

I believe you should read this:

ADSL2+ is the next generation of ADSL broadband with download speeds typically much faster than regular ADSL. Regular ADSL broadband has download speeds between 256kbps and a maximum theoretical speed of 8Mbps. ADSL2+ will allow you to enjoy large file downloads, graphic intensive online gaming, online streaming TV and radio, VoIP phone service as well as new applications and services currently being developed for super speed connections.

To achieve optimal TPG ADSL2+ speeds, customers must use an ADSL2+ capable modem and have filters installed on all telephone outlets. 20%, 50%, 70% of these ADSL2+ customers are achieving speeds of approximately 20Mbps, 15Mbps and 10Mbps respectively. Actual speeds achieved will vary due to a number of factors including distance from the local telephone exchange, network configuration and traffic, the quality of the customer’s copper phone line, EMI, cabling and equipment.

Regarding Dope14, I wonder how he got a speed of +27Mbps even thought that DSLAM used can provide a maximum speed of 25 Mbps at a distance of 300 meters from the CO.

Kindly try to test your connection using this website: www.testmy.net, and provide us with your result, thanks.

It's a satellite download connection whatsoever, you can figure out from the ping reply...

#314 October 16 2011

bkkleb

Does anyone know what's going on with Ogero?  My account is showing their 'upgrade' (to 1Mbps) and lower rate for excess usage, but my actual speed has not changed.  I live in west Beirut.

#315 October 16 2011

Kassem

bkkleb wrote:

Does anyone know what's going on with Ogero?  My account is showing their 'upgrade' (to 1Mbps) and lower rate for excess usage, but my actual speed has not changed.  I live in west Beirut.

How do you know your actual speed did not change?

#316 October 16 2011

bkkleb

Kassem wrote:
bkkleb wrote:

How do you know your actual speed did not change?

Because torrents still come down at about 20 KB/s and various speed tests still indicate a 256 kbps connection.

#317 October 16 2011

babum

maybe they are throttling p2p connections? try using a download manager and download a copy of ubuntu, I usually test my speed to their servers.

#318 October 16 2011

Kassem

I'm with Ogero but I'm connected to the Chiah central. I've just finished downloading a 255MB file at an average speed of 105kBps. So I know for sure that my account got upgraded, but I donno about you...

#319 October 16 2011

tufi2

I live at Al-Koura North Lebanon and i'm still facing the same problem as my account got upgraded but not the speed and I tried to test it in many ways. Anyhow i'm sure its the same because the router configuration shows me the download speed is 256Kbps where as the attenuation is 10 Mbps.

#320 October 16 2011

SiMi

1 Mbps and 12 GB
From almost a week they upgraded my 256 kbps ( 6 GB upload and download ) to 1 Mbps and doubled the quota ( 6 UP and 6 Down ) --> " 1 M12" package ,,, I noticed the difference in speed immediately. That's Great ,, and yea I forgot to say im subscribed to wise ... It used to be 30 $ / month , now its 27 $ , no big difference in price though .

#321 October 17 2011

emperor21k

bkkleb wrote:

ya i have that problem too, wel the fact is that your central hasn't ben updated yet, u can see the 1 mb updrage on the website but when u check the modem u see that the speed is still the same old one, u just have to wait for november i guess to reach your central office.

#322 October 17 2011

incinerator

bkkleb wrote:

Because torrents still come down at about 20 KB/s and various speed tests still indicate a 256 kbps connection.

Torrent downloads are not related to your download speed, it depends on how many seeds exist for the files,port forwarding, and your download settings, once i was downloading a software with more than 120 k/s on a 256 plan. Search for torrents with higher seeds numbers and try them and there are of course ways to maximize your torrent client download speeds.

#323 October 17 2011

bkkleb

incinerator wrote:
bkkleb wrote:

Torrent downloads are not related to your download speed, it depends on how many seeds exist for the files,port forwarding, and your download settings, once i was downloading a software with more than 120 k/s on a 256 plan. Search for torrents with higher seeds numbers and try them and there are of course ways to maximize your torrent client download speeds.

Ok let me rephrase that:

Because well-seeded torrents from private trackers that consistently gave me awesome download speeds before I moved to Lebanon, are still coming down at 20 KB/s.  Oh and everything else I download with Firefox still comes down at about 20 KB/s.

Come on Ogero, I'm waiting...

#324 October 17 2011

DjSam

1540283987.png
amazing!

#325 October 17 2011

NuclearVision

156419194.png
No comment. Ogero.

Board footer