LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 October 3 2011

Allan996

Re: It has begun

Instead of upgrading mine they lowered it to 256 because mi line does support more --'

#102 October 4 2011

Chup

CedarcomNews via Twitter :

MoT promised we’ll be handed our E1s! Ministry expected to put them in service in 4-5days.New packages will be automatically activated then!

#103 October 4 2011

GreenM

I just want them to upgrade my 256k speed. can I promise myself that I will have 1 Mbps in 4-5 days too?

#104 October 4 2011

The-MMMs

sick and tired of my 256kb/s ... anyway thanks for sharing the news Chup ^_^

#105 October 4 2011

chosen2k

Called Ogero today, that was the answer concerning the new speeds and their implementation:

First step switch all users to 1mb packages, that will be applied starting next month. (hmmm Interesting...)

So i asked What about users that already have 1mb what will happen to them? do they apply starting this month for the 4mb package so that next month they get it?

His answer was:
No starting next month everyone will be on the 1mb package and it is NEXT MONTH that you contact Ogero and ask for the bigger packages that will of course take a month to implement.

If this guy knows what he's talking about, that means the new speeds are two months away for Ogero users.

F***!

So yeah It has begun, the wait began.

Last edited by chosen2k (October 4 2011)

#106 October 4 2011

Mr. Anderson

Wise(wireless) Customer Support:
Starting November 1rst the price of the 512K/3GB wireless plan will become $27 instead of $45. Also, a new 1Mb/6GB plan will be introduced on Dec. 1rst, 2011.

#107 October 4 2011

d3ad

Mr. Anderson wrote:

Wise(wireless) Customer Support:
Starting November 1rst the price of the 512K/3GB wireless plan will become $27 instead of $45. Also, a new 1Mb/6GB plan will be introduced on Dec. 1rst, 2011.

it seems wise does not support speeds above 1mbps :S I sure hope mobi does

#108 October 4 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

As I said the wait could last till December for new speeds! Lebanese experience ;)
And that is only for Beirut customers...for Keserwan and North it could take 6 to 8 months!!
Yeah quite a revolution mr sehnaoui lol

#109 October 4 2011

Chup

vegetaleb wrote:

As I said the wait could last till December for new speeds! Lebanese experience ;)
And that is only for Beirut customers...for Keserwan and North it could take 6 to 8 months!!
Yeah quite a revolution mr sehnaoui lol

Don't blame him for a $hitty Telecom sector and backbone...
Blame the ones that came before him.
He accomplished what no one has.
And i'm quite sure he's on the right track and i salute him.

#110 October 4 2011

xterm

Chup wrote:

Don't blame him for a $hitty Telecom sector and backbone...
Blame the ones that came before him.
He accomplished what no one has.
And i'm quite sure he's on the right track and i salute him.

No one's questioning his ethics Chup, but he's been bathing in glory and accomplishment. How much of this accomplishment is concrete? He gives incorrect dates.

#111 October 4 2011

Chup

No one's questioning his ethics Chup, but he's been bathing in glory and accomplishment. How much of this accomplishment is concrete? He gives incorrect dates.

Well he promised faster internet starting october 1st.
I still didn't get the 2MB upgrade but i got the quota increase.
The issue now is with my ISP ( IDM ), and there have been speed increases in differents parts of the country.
Ogero users must be frustrated and i feel them, but we could give him a break for accomplishing something no one even bothered to do before him.
I'm not into politics, i'm just a citizen that followed the "Internet upgrade" era since the day it was brought to light, and i am pleased.

#112 October 4 2011

Lebscream

I don't understand you people 2 - 3 months not a big deal, NONE OF US COULD DREAM ABOUT 8MB in lebanon come on !! just dec 2011 or even jan 2012 at end we will have fair internet ...

#113 October 4 2011

xterm

Lebscream wrote:

I don't understand you people 2 - 3 months not a big deal, NONE OF US COULD DREAM ABOUT 8MB in lebanon come on !! just dec 2011 or even jan 2012 at end we will have fair internet ...

You speak as if we're getting the best technology available. We're not remotely close to what we should be getting based on what we're paying and yet you consider 8Mb to be a dream and it's not even considered fair internet. Nevertheless, the issue is not having to wait a month, two or three. The issue is politicians either simply not aware, ignorant or just simply seeking praise before things happen.

Now before you start bashing me about this, keep in mind that this minor (yes minor, the major efforts weren't done by Sehnaoui, they were done by his predecessors). Sehnaoui simply carried the papers albeit with minor adjustments to the cabinet meeting and got them signed, Huzzah! Nahhas could've done the same thing, except Nahhas took into consideration the issue with Ogero. An issue that Sehnaoui simply discarded and the ones who got the shaft, are ogero subscribers.

Also you have to keep in mind that I've been using 'internet' since 9600bps if i remember it's around 1994 and I've waited for 17 years for a day where i could be happy with my connection, so forgive me if i'm irritated by someone giving me false dates.

#114 October 4 2011

TheStunMan

xterm wrote:
Lebscream wrote:

You speak as if we're getting the best technology available. We're not remotely close to what we should be getting based on what we're paying and yet you consider 8Mb to be a dream and it's not even considered fair internet. Nevertheless, the issue is not having to wait a month, two or three. The issue is politicians either simply not aware, ignorant or just simply seeking praise before things happen.

Now before you start bashing me about this, keep in mind that this minor (yes minor, the major efforts weren't done by Sehnaoui, they were done by his predecessors). Sehnaoui simply carried the papers albeit with minor adjustments to the cabinet meeting and got them signed, Huzzah! Nahhas could've done the same thing, except Nahhas took into consideration the issue with Ogero. An issue that Sehnaoui simply discarded and the ones who got the shaft, are ogero subscribers.

Also you have to keep in mind that I've been using 'internet' since 9600bps if i remember it's around 1994 and I've waited for 17 years for a day where i could be happy with my connection, so forgive me if i'm irritated by someone giving me false dates.

+1 xterm, Finally someone who is honest.

In the other hand we are not getting new speeds if we speak theoretically as those speeds were available since before but only for special companies and inside ogero offices if you knew someone there ask them about their connection speed it was 4+ mbps from long time. If you observe whats going on in different point of view the prices are only getting lower and new packages are available for anyone, disregard about the issues which i dont believe the fiber optics they were talking about before, nothing has changed to my line nor to anyone in Beirut only across ogero centers some fiber optics were added and thats it.

#115 October 4 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

Yeah getting 2mb instead of 512 is good but I hate when someone claims that HE is bringing us a revolution in speeds while in France they have 100mb by now, they had 20mb speed 4 years ago already. Also as xterm said  nor sehnaoui nor the communist before him were the origin of the speed increase!
sehnaoui just wana have a golden place in politics after being beaten in the elections, he plays the savior of ADSL lol

#116 October 4 2011

IMEWE

"ding...dong...merrily on high
it's up to 8 times faster
starting october
two thousand and eleven"
If Nahhas was still minister, he would have loaded his security guards with M16's and stormed the Ogero building instead of making stupid ass songs

#117 October 4 2011

bearhog

this is a very frustrating experience, not because we were promised a faster internet, but because we actually believed it.
It is inexcusable that we are still talking 128kbps and 256 when the entire world is sooooo much faster. We are last on the internet chart and I think we were actually dropped off.
And yesterday, sehnaoui said on lbc that everything is on track, and they just remembered that they needed a couple of servers. Give me a break. Everyone who is pissed off has every right to be.

#118 October 4 2011

m0ei

Well i prefer Nahhas over Sahnawi, because Nahhas did and Sahhnawi applied.
I actually blame Youssef for all the problems were facing in the internet field. I hope they solved it soon.

@vegetaleb; France have 20mb/s internet speed ago 4 years ago, thats the difference that's France not Lebanon. We have serious and big issues that we should solve before even thinking of becoming like a country such as France. Trying to compare between France and Lebanon is just nonsense. It's like comparing an ant have the same power of a lion, lol.

Why didn't you talk about the MoT ministers like Marwan Hmede couple of years ago ? For god sake, just tell me one good thing he did ? You waited all these days and now after a good upgrade (not bad), better is yet to come, and you start complaining on the minister that he gave a wrong date and nothing happened, at least he's doing something and he's willing to do more.... Just remember you're living in a political and religious country. That's the main reason Ogero is refusing to follow the new demands and rules of MoT. Anyway i hope it gets solved soon enough. I only got an upgrade of the quota,still waiting like the rest for my speed upgrade.

Last edited by m0ei (October 4 2011)

#119 October 4 2011

Kassem

vegetaleb wrote:

Yeah getting 2mb instead of 512 is good but I hate when someone claims that HE is bringing us a revolution in speeds while in France they have 100mb by now, they had 20mb speed 4 years ago already. Also as xterm said  nor sehnaoui nor the communist before him were the origin of the speed increase!
sehnaoui just wana have a golden place in politics after being beaten in the elections, he plays the savior of ADSL lol

Could you please explain to me how Sehnaoui is supposed to give you a 100mbps connection when no one prior to Jebran Bassil even THOUGHT of investing in the infrastructure?

#120 October 4 2011

A.L

I am with sodetel on the 256 package .
i think that they upgraded me to 512 :
1516145052.png
1516153198.png
although my ping suck but these are the best speed I've ever got. so i think for sodetel users the upgrade will come soon.

#121 October 4 2011

Bassem

I just received a call from SoDeTel. But it wasn't to announce the new packages; instead, it was a poll.

They asked me which of these choices I would choose:
4 Mb / 12 GB / 40 usd
2 Mb / 9 GB / 30 usd
1 Mb / 6 GB / 21 usd

I told her I'd pick 4 Mb; same amount i'm paying now, and faster.

From the conversation after that, I got these facts:

These are not the final packages. They're choices in a poll, to see what their customers prioritise (price vs speed etc.)

Quota isn't final yet. I made sure to point out that the quotas mentioned are low compared with other ISPs.

Nightly unlimited isn't confirmed yet... basically nothing is confirmed yet. They will upgrade all accounts to 1 Mb around mid-October, and notify customers via SMS.

This month will be charged according to the "old" plans.

#122 October 4 2011

Ruroken

1516247399.png

I think mine got upgraded to 1Mb.

Last edited by Ruroken (October 4 2011)

#123 October 4 2011

m0ei

1516275108.png

This is my 10th test on different servers, i'm getting a max ping of 110 ms. I guess we're on IMEWE, i will make sure now.

#124 October 4 2011

Nemesis-301

ok, so far which ISP's upgraded there quotas? I'm with wise and nothing changed so far...!

#125 October 4 2011

Ruroken

Well my ping in Aion has went down from 200+ to between 110 and 160ms

P.S: no quota upgrade for sodetel yet, only speed.

Last edited by Ruroken (October 4 2011)

Board footer