LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 October 30 2009

Bassem

Re: Firefox Add-ons

Let's see...

The essential ones:

Easy Drag To Go - drag an image or link to save them. Very useful for quickly saving images!

Adblock Plus - disables all ads on almost all websites.

Context Search - select some text and you can instantly search for it in any of your search engines (the ones on the upper right)

DownloadHelper - leech media from a page. Saves youTube videos, etc. Very powerful.

Flashblock - blocks all Flash content until you click it. Saves on bandwidth and annoyance!

Grab and Drag - click and drag to scroll a page, with momentum (like on an iPhone.)

Tab Scroller - cycle through the tabs with just your mouse. (right click + wheel)

Tab Mix Plus - added functionality to tabs - locking, progress bars, link clicking...

Delicious Bookmarks - adds your Delicious bookmarks to the sidebar. I use Delicious to access my internet bookmarks from any computer.

The also-useful ones:

Abduction - save page as image (the whole page with the scrolled out area)

Copy as HTML Link - good for webdev. Select a URL and it wraps it in a link tag.

Copy Link Name - copies the text that is a link. (trust me, it's useful sometimes)

Tiny Menu - compacts the "File, Edit, View..." bar into one button.

#27 October 30 2009

ballouta

all i have 2 ad-dons already said  download helper for some media website and flash video resources downloaded for youtube i can also use download helper for utube but duno why i have 2  maybe because flash video resources downloaded that i use for youtube don't work on other media websites

#28 October 30 2009

GN90

thanks man ! also you should consider flashgot so that flashget will be compatible with firefox

#29 October 30 2009

ballouta

i just copy past the links from firefox to fleshget and the download begins but this looks a lot faster

#30 March 17 2010

fsf86

Stumble Upon
Video Download Helper
BugMeNot --> really awesome for logging in without registration on random sites
FlashBlock
AdBlock
Xmarks

those are essentials for me

#31 March 25 2010

Georges

I Switched back today to the default FF installation... no addons installed ... this is something you should give a try guys.
An unbelievable speed... and a very beautiful interface.

#32 March 25 2010

Bassem

Yorgi wrote:

I Switched back today to the default FF installation... no addons installed ... this is something you should give a try guys.
An unbelievable speed... and a very beautiful interface.

I'd feel lost without all my add-ons... however I do have a clean install of Chrome for when I want light, fast browsing like you said!

#33 March 25 2010

Georges

Bassem wrote:

I'd feel lost without all my add-ons... however I do have a clean install of Chrome for when I want light, fast browsing like you said!

Exactly... That's what i usually do
I just had to install xmarks

#34 March 25 2010

razm

Since my main ones are not listed, I figure this is a good place for a 1st post.

Tree Style Tab - Replaces the standard Tabs with a tree style layout.

Vimperator - Removes the menu and toolbars, and allows mouseless browsing with Vim like keybindings.

SQLite Manager - Best SQLite database manager.

As for the flv downloaders, I find it easier to just grab the files from the cache.

#35 October 26 2010

Bassem

In reply to George's question, here's the setup that helps me browse in Firefox on my Win7 touchscreen:

Tab Mix Plus - for advanced tab management (I made the selected tab have a strong blue colour)

Delicious Bookmarks - for syncing my bookmarks in the cloud and all my machines.

Cooliris - I rarely use it, but it's a lot of fun on my touchscreen.

Easy Drag To Go - drag an image or link to save them. Very useful for quickly saving images!

Readability - Click the button on a page to remove all distracting elements and keep the content in a big nice readable format.

Video DownloadHelper - Grab video files embedded in youTube and a huge list of obscure websites. Works on any QuickTime embeds as well.

Flashblock - blocks any Flash content until you click it. More security, less bandwidth use, less annoyance.

Firefox Showcase - gives you a big clickable list of live thumbnails for all your open tabs. You can load it in the sidebar, in a dedicated tab, or a separate window.

Konquefox - Adds buttons for Zoom in, Zoom out, and Reset zoom. I pinch the screen for zoom in and out, so I just use the Reset button.

Full Screen - adds a button and right-click menu item for toggling fullscreen. Usually I'd use F11, but on a touchscreen it's faster to click this button.

Stylish - to override a website's CSS with my own. I use it to skin Google Reader and other favourite websites of mine.

Context Search - select some text and you can instantly search for it in any of your search engines (the ones on the upper right)

Adblock Plus - disables all ads on almost all websites.

Tiny Menu - compacts the "File, Edit, View..." bar into one button.

Last edited by Bassem (October 26 2010)

#36 October 26 2010

MrClass

firebug, a must add-on tool for web designers. I seriously cant work without it.

#37 December 8 2010

Georges

I came across this addon today. It called Destroy The Web
Found it really interesting and funny... And it's the most time wasting addon you'll ever encounter

Hope u'll like it.

#38 December 9 2010

incinerator

Georges Raad wrote:

I came across this addon today. It called Destroy The Web
Found it really interesting and funny... And it's the most time wasting addon you'll ever encounter

Hope u'll like it.

that was SO Cool , thank u.

http://www.destroytheweb.net/page.php?g … a218cd3861

#39 December 10 2010

MSD

FireBug
Google Toolbar
Personas
TinEye Reverse Image Search
WiseStamp

#40 December 17 2010

KiSsEr
Banned

I use those and only those
Adblock Plus: Blocks ads. Simplifies the look of ads-bloated website and also reduces bandwidth usage.
Flash Got FlashGot gets your preferred download manager to work with Firefox
and there one addon i can't remeber it's name it's for screenshots

Board footer