LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 25 2010

Ayman

Remove Logo From Windows Key

Hello everyone, I have an HP mini 110 net book which had windows xp pre-installed, the second day I wiped out Window$ XP and made a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10 (this was like around 6 months ago) and since that time everything is going great and I am really enjoying a stable, powerful and fast OS on my little netbook that can be considered 90% free so far IMO.

Well it's 90% because there is still one more thing that annoys me which is the Window$ key logo on the keyboard, it really looks annoying for me to see a PC running Linux yet has a window$ logo on it. I have managed to make the key work under Ubuntu 9.10 but I would like to remove the logo from there and if possible have the tux or Ubuntu logo printed instead. 

So if you have any ideas, comments, solutions or experience regarding this issue please share them with me, thank you very much :)

#2 May 25 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

Re: Remove Logo From Windows Key

yea i tried that before when i was installing mac on my laptop and putting mac stickers instead of the windows ....

you can google any pic you want that is related to linux and make sure of the size is correct
and then go to any library you know that can make stickers in Tariq l jdide there are many and Voila :)

or you can bring the pic and your laptop with you and tell them what you want and they'll make it for you

ps: make sure after putting that sticker cover it with something that can protect it

#3 May 25 2010

rolf

Uh for what it's worth my father has a bottle of "deglaceur" (from Lorilleux), some sort of liquid used for cleaning big printing presses, anyway that thing will solve just about any kind of ink :-) it's so efficient that it's scary.

#4 May 25 2010

Georges

Replace the Windows button by something Linux related... This looks cool
ubuntu-linux-keyboard-za-reason.jpg

Last edited by Yorgi (May 25 2010)

#5 May 25 2010

Flakk

If i were you i would smash that button with a hammer

#6 May 25 2010

Ayman

I took out the button from the keyboard to try to remove the logo, I tried spirto, then asiton(the one for finger nails) then tinner, I scrubbed it with a cloth then tried a knife and nothing worked.

#7 May 25 2010

Kassem

LOL dude just get over it, if you remove the logo from your laptop, Microsoft will follow you to your dreams (or nightmares in your case)

#8 May 25 2010

rolf

AymanFarhat wrote:

I took out the button from the keyboard to try to remove the logo, I tried spirto, then asiton(the one for finger nails) then tinner, I scrubbed it with a cloth then tried a knife and nothing worked.

Nobody ever reads my posts... :-/

#9 May 25 2010

rolf

And by the way it's acetone, not asiton. And thinner. And spirto is alcohol.
(and its not Deberiaj, but debrayage, and not bomor, but point-mort).
I feel stupid here.

Last edited by rolf (May 25 2010)

#10 May 25 2010

Ayman

Sure I did read it man but I don't have it so I tried using something I already have at home, I wanted to ask you, where can I get my hands on that chemical(deglaceu)?

And by the way it's acetone, not asiton. And thinner. And spirto is alcohol.
(and its not Deberiaj, but debreyage, and not bomor, but point-mort).
I feel stupid here.

I undertsand your point man, I usually say them this way(which is wrong), I thought I should have used the right words but I didn't have time to edit my post.

Thanks rolf :)

Last edited by Ayman (May 25 2010)

#11 May 25 2010

rolf

AymanFarhat wrote:

Sure I did man, I wanted to ask you, where can I get my hands on that chemical?

Well if you happen to pass by Dekwaneh, I can point you to my house and you can borrow that botte :-)
Otherwise printing presses probably have those and use them to clean their machines. If you want to buy a bottle I can ask and see where to get it too.
I'll make a test on an old keyboard to make sure that it works, so that you dont bother for nothing.
And sorry for correcting your english :-) I was kinda surprised because you usually write good english, but I can overreact sometimes.

Last edited by rolf (May 25 2010)

#12 May 25 2010

Ayman

rolf wrote:
AymanFarhat wrote:

Sure I did man, I wanted to ask you, where can I get my hands on that chemical?

Well if you happen to pass by Dekwaneh, I can point you to my house and you can borrow that botte :-)
Otherwise printing presses probably have those and use them to clean their machines. If you want to buy a bottle I can ask and see where to get it too.
I'll make a test on an old keyboard to make sure that it works, so that you dont bother for nothing.
And sorry for correcting your english :-) I was kinda surprised because you usually write good english, but I can overreact sometimes.

Sure I can pass, I will send you a PM to contact you for details, thanks very much man, really appreciated :)

#13 May 25 2010

Leonedes

@ rolf .. theres also " Standaar" instead of " Standard " that one kills me

#14 May 25 2010

Ayman

yeah and I hear some people say naylo instead of nylon hehe

Last edited by Ayman (May 25 2010)

Board footer