LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 14 2010

kareem_nasser

Before universities we should address Schools

I created this thread for schools not universities like this one:http://www.lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopi … d=6290&p=1
The first and most important topic i would like to discuss is the official exams. They have become really unnecessary especially that most of the ppl who succeed are supported by someone in the school they have done the exams in. As an example while we had the Arabic test in the Bucc2(S.E) my friend had an Arabic teacher who approached him and started giving him all the answers and all the surrounding students were just listening. We all know that this is not a single case many are doing the same thing so this make the exams completely rubbish and nonsense. When i applied to the university (or any other university) they demanded the report of the official exams but then i got it after i registered and started the university in a week yet when i got it they didn't even look at the paper all they did is to put it in my file.

Second is to remove the 50 year old system(or more) of dividing ppl into sub classes: Scientific, Literature. This could be bearable but even more in grade 12 there are: Life Sciences, General Sciences, Socioeconomic, Humanities(this is rare). We should take the European teaching system(most of them) to simply put it you'll see a 13 year old kid or less who is already preparing to major in Computer Science and knows programming languages from the school not on his own. This explains everything so what we really need is some real advisory from professionals in the field you want to major in from an early age. Even more there is a school in Germany that puts you in a room full of stuff PCs, toys, books, journals, rulers(math stuff), etc. From the place you'll take they'll know what is the most appropriate job for you in the future. But this is too hard for us to achieve knowing our current situation this wont be possible too easily.

#2 April 14 2010

ballouta

Re: Before universities we should address Schools

man schools have been like that in lebanon for like.. forever i don't think they will change:P

#3 April 14 2010

kareem_nasser

We will change it geeks are the future.

#4 April 14 2010

ballouta

it might happen if one of us will become the  Minister of education  hehe joking
ye it might happen but maybe in like 3-5 years or even more..

#5 April 14 2010

kareem_nasser

Nah it will take decades this is a complex process of forging a new way of thinking.

#6 April 14 2010

ballouta

maybe it will happen in the time of our grandchildren

#7 April 14 2010

EddieEC

I got my Brevet diploma thingie last summer, and all I have to say is that it is useless. Come on people, what's the use of doing exams if everyone in there can copy off the others, and when the supervisor comes, the teacher that is outside shouts to sit down? No use at all. I wish they teach us programming in school.

#8 April 14 2010

ballouta

ye my last summer teacher at brevet was looking tough.. no one dared to copy..10 min after she told us why aren't you copying ? then you know what happened here  haha
it's a 100% useless

#9 April 14 2010

kareem_nasser

+1 RT @ballouta:

ye my last summer teacher at brevet was looking tough.. no one dared to copy..10 min after she told us why aren't you copying ? then you know what happened here  haha
it's a 100% useless

#10 April 14 2010

EddieEC

You're too twitter addicted mr. @kareem_nasser that you said: RT @ballouta. Made me LOL.
Also, when I was doing my exams, the teachers told us in a low voice: "You can copy, so do it fast, and when the outside teacher gives a sign, you sit quiet." What's that about? I kill myself to study for exams in school, and then everyone can copy? what's the use of studying for the exams?

Last edited by EddieEC (April 14 2010)

#11 April 14 2010

kareem_nasser

the same happened to me but in Brevet.

Also, when I was doing my exams, the teachers told us in a low voice: "You can copy, so do it fast, and when the outside teacher gives a sign, you sit quiet." What's that about? I kill myself to study for exams in school, and then everyone can copy? what's the use of studying for the exams?

Just since ArabNetME and it is BETTER than FB that's why+i want to change a bit.

You're too twitter addicted mr. @kareem_nasser that you said: RT @ballouta. Made me LOL.

#12 April 14 2010

EddieEC

I didn't mean anything, I'm twitter addicted, I use it a lot, and have friends that use it and stuff. I meant to say you're obsessed with twitter that you're Retweeting user's posts.

Board footer