LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 1 2010

ijanawra

Can I trust PC And Parts?

Hi,

I want to buy the Wacom Intuos4 from PC and Parts for $285, I could buy the same thing for the same price from the UK from a very well known retailer, but it'll take a few weeks for me to get it, should I wait, or go ahead and buy from PC and Parts?  Has anyone had any problems with them before? If I have issues with my product, will they get it sorted under the manufacturer's warranty?

Any help will be great, thank you

#2 February 1 2010

Kareem

Re: Can I trust PC And Parts?

pcandparts is good, Ive ordered several items and had no problem at all. Good service.

#3 February 1 2010

richy

Never pruchased something risky or expensive. Only Memory and things went just fine.

Oh that reminds me about the HDD expansion they're offering. I liked it. Should mail them.

Last edited by richy (February 1 2010)

#4 February 1 2010

kareem_nasser

In Lebanon, luck is what matters in such stuff even CE in general.

#5 February 1 2010

GN90

i have purchased sever stuff from there, good service and the delivery is on time

#6 February 1 2010

hussam

I bought a nvidia 7300AGP card two years ago from there. they delivered really quickly but the delivery person was extremely rude.

#7 February 1 2010

ijanawra

I'm more concerned about the warranty, and if something should go wrong, will they fix it?

#8 February 1 2010

richy

As far as I know PC and parts do not deliver. They send it with a third party delivery service (Aramex for example).

#9 February 1 2010

nuclearcat

Special orders goes extremely slow sometimes.
Otherwise it is usually OK.

#10 February 1 2010

Flakk

yes i have ordered (over the past two years) 2 Desktop PC's, an HP laptop some USB flash mem's a couple of thermaltake fans, a thermaltake 500watt PSU, a 500gig WD HDD and a World of warcraft Serial key with Burning Crusade.
I never had a problem with any of the orders and they have delivered all of them on time (delivery was by aramex)

I only had one problem with the WD HDD, it failed after 3 months of purchase so i emailed them about it and the next day the delivery courier came to my home and took the hdd and they told me they were gonna replace it for free, and they did. Just a couple of days and a new HDD was delivered directly to my home and its been working ever since.

Theyre a really good company i think, bas i wish they had a credit card system or something cause sometimes im afraid to pay for the courier ppl (especially a large amount of money)

#11 February 1 2010

ijanawra

Thank you so much for that, thats what I needed to know...I emailed them and thats what they said they will do, but you know you can't always be sure.  Great then, I'll order it tomorrow. Thanks again, really appreciate it :)

#12 February 1 2010

rolf

You pay on delivery. I bought several things from them, I think we had a problem once and they exchanged it under the warranty. I cant remember for sure if it went smoothly, it's all very vague.
But yeah, they look like a regular business to me, no scam.

#13 February 1 2010

Kareem

hussam wrote:

I bought a nvidia 7300AGP card two years ago from there. they delivered really quickly but the delivery person was extremely rude.

let me guess... tips ?

#14 February 1 2010

WizaRd

They never asked me for one, and they shouldn't...

It's a courier service and not a local pizza delivery guy!

PC and Parts use either Aramex or Pinkdot(cheaper) to send/mail you the stuff.

Last edited by Flyingwizard (February 1 2010)

#15 February 2 2010

Flakk

ijanawra wrote:

Thank you so much for that, thats what I needed to know...I emailed them and thats what they said they will do, but you know you can't always be sure.  Great then, I'll order it tomorrow. Thanks again, really appreciate it :)

NP :)

also i forgot to add that they charge you a 3$ for delivery.

They never asked me for one, and they shouldn't...

It's a courier service and not a local pizza delivery guy!

PC and Parts use either Aramex or Pinkdot(cheaper) to send/mail you the stuff.

exactly.. although sometimes i get bills for example 49$ so i give him a 50$ and let him keep the change.

#16 February 2 2010

hussam

My bill was 107 USD but I gave him 110 USD.

#17 February 5 2010

abouelchich

beware of pcandparts, It is true that they have good prices, but sometimes they scam people with their products.

i ordered once a ups 650VA, after checking the package i realized they put a sticker above 450VA. Then i checked the website there was no ups having a ups 650 VA made by the company.

bottom line: i don't advise you to buy from them .

#18 February 5 2010

Flakk

abouelchich wrote:

beware of pcandparts, It is true that they have good prices, but sometimes they scam people with their products.

i ordered once a ups 650VA, after checking the package i realized they put a sticker above 450VA. Then i checked the website there was no ups having a ups 650 VA made by the company.

Did you contact pcandparts about it ?

#19 February 6 2010

abouelchich

Flakk wrote:
abouelchich wrote:

definitely man, i was so pissed off that i was scammed !

they denied selling counterfeit items, nonetheless i had a strong proof  :
1. the sticker were so obvious ( printed sticker 650 VA above the 450VA )
2. the website of the manufacturer of the product don't have a ups with 650 VA !!!!!

they told me it's only a special product for the MENA region, but i ain't a fool to believe that crap !

#20 February 6 2010

Flakk

abouelchich wrote:
Flakk wrote:
abouelchich wrote:

definitely man, i was so pissed off that i was scammed !

they denied selling counterfeit items, nonetheless i had a strong proof  :
1. the sticker were so obvious ( printed sticker 650 VA above the 450VA )
2. the website of the manufacturer of the product don't have a ups with 650 VA !!!!!

they told me it's only a special product for the MENA region, but i ain't a fool to believe that crap !

so i guess the bastards never replaced it right ?
that sucks :(
note taken to never buy a ups from pcandparts.

#21 February 7 2010

darko

Ok, so does anybody know how they can be sure that people are giving them the right address?? Some Hilarious LULZ can be made from this!!

#22 February 7 2010

xterm

abouelchich wrote:

That's something quite common, especially in laptops.

#23 February 7 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

my friend brought a power supply for this netbook from pcandparts and he told me so far so good

#24 April 30 2010

Rody
Banned

Funny abouelchich , made tons of purchases from them and never got a single issue like the one you are talking about. what is your UPS brand name and model number ????

#25 September 3 2010

Bij

Reviving an old thread here, the customer can pick up his own items. Anyone knows where are they located ?

Last edited by Bij (September 3 2010)

Board footer