LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 4 2011

Multiple Ducks.

BF3 constantly paused with origin downloader.

Hello.

Having some issues with dling BF3 through the origin crap.
Just purchased it and dled the origin software.

Origin is allowed through the firewall, failing that i tried disabling the firewall completly, the download stays paused at 0 % no matter what i do.

Ive forwarded all these ports http://www.findports.com/document.php?tag=battlefield-3

Using sodetel 8mbits package, anyone else with sodetel experiencing same issue ?

Any workarounds or something im overlooking ?

I feel kinda extra screwed that the one time i actually pay EA as a reward for a good job, they force me to use a pathetic Steam knockoff :<

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 November 4 2011

ibxoful

Re: BF3 constantly paused with origin downloader.

guess razor 1911 was right about origin :O

#3 November 4 2011

Flakk

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin ?

#4 November 4 2011

Transporter

This is a region issue, I purchased the game on the 1st of november and had the exact same issue, but luckyly it happened that I just read about it Jazzar's forum that he used Hotspotshield, download it from http://hotspotshield.com/ it is a VPN.
Usage:
1- Download hotspotshield and install it
2- Launch origin but dont start the download
3- Launch hotspotshield and connect
4- Start downloading and it will be successful ;)

PS: you can skip to the end of the download if you already have a pirated copy of the game, like I did, I have the SCC pirated version, I paused the download and copied alot of big files from the pirated one except the bf3.exe and some others if you are unsure I can tell you what to copy, this way I skipped the download to about 10.4 GB out of 11.3 GB and downloaded the rest.
All credits goes to Jazzar (TheStuntMan in this forum)

#5 November 5 2011

AvoK95

What's the total gigs you downloaded ?

#6 November 5 2011

Firas

Transporter wrote:

This is a region issue, I purchased the game on the 1st of november and had the exact same issue, but luckyly it happened that I just read about it Jazzar's forum that he used Hotspotshield, download it from http://hotspotshield.com/ it is a VPN.
Usage:
1- Download hotspotshield and install it
2- Launch origin but dont start the download
3- Launch hotspotshield and connect
4- Start downloading and it will be successful ;)

PS: you can skip to the end of the download if you already have a pirated copy of the game, like I did, I have the SCC pirated version, I paused the download and copied alot of big files from the pirated one except the bf3.exe and some others if you are unsure I can tell you what to copy, this way I skipped the download to about 10.4 GB out of 11.3 GB and downloaded the rest.
All credits goes to Jazzar (TheStuntMan in this forum)

I copied the DATA file which is approx 15gb but the downloader is still downloading files :\

edit: i mean it didnt skip

Last edited by Firas (November 5 2011)

#7 November 6 2011

Transporter

For Firas and any other persons who wants to know which files to copy from the pirated copy to the genuine copy in order to skip the huge downloads and get to the end of the download quickly, first of all you need to pause the download , exit origin to do so, if you only pause the download without quitting origin it will not recognize the files and continue normally, so those are the correct steps in case I missed some in my previous post (Giving that you have Hotspotshield installed and know how you connect):
1- Pause the download
2- Exit origin
3- copy paste the files
4- start origin
5- Connect hotspotshield
6- Download

During the stage of "preparing" origin will notice that you have added the files and will skip them, it will jump to the 70, 80 or 90%
Now the files you should copy:

__Installer/directx
__Installer/punkbuster
__Installer/vc
Core/codecs
Core/imageformats
Core/lang
Core/EAcore.dll
Core/libay32.dll
Core/Qt***.dll  ====> This means everything that starts with Qt with an extention .dll
Data/   ===> All the folder and its the biggest
Pb/
Support/
Update/

Avok in my case I bought the Russian version of the game online to save some dollars (bought the limited Edition RU for 40$) the SCC version does not contain the russian language files I had to dowload those (about 870 MB) however yesterday I purchased another copy of the game for my brother and copied the files from my pc to his and went from zero point something percent to 99 point something percent, if you need any more help just ask.

#8 November 6 2011

ILIA_93

Transporter wrote:

if you need any more help just ask.

Yeah, it's just when installing the game with the russian key, the game is in russian, right? So what you're gonna do to make it in english. And are you able to join any server in any area you want, or any copy you want, like can you play with someone with a EU or US version?

#9 November 6 2011

Transporter

Yes ILIA with the russian version you can join any serer you want, right now I am playing with my brother on French and German servers most of the times with 90-95 ms ping, the gameplay is awesome and I have no lag at all, I bought the RU versrion because they were selling it for 10$ cheaper than the EU-Multi-language with full tutorial on how to convert it to English (Pcandparts are doing the same by the way, but I didnt buy it from PC&parts because their key is for standard edition for 35$ and not the limited edition which I bought for 40$).
Once you purchase the Russian version you need to get the english version files, the big files are :

Data/Win32/loc/en.sb ===> 1.1 GB
Data/Win32/loc/en.toc  ===> 206k

And luckyly those files are also located in the SCC version so you can just copy paste those.
From where I bought the game they provided a full tutorial on where to download the files and they have also a small software to edit the registry and make the game play fully in english:
http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/battlefield-3 … 3lang.html
The RU version limitation resides only by the fact that its all in russian language this can be bypassed by the method above, but there is no limitation about which servers you can join and in which region.

#10 November 6 2011

ILIA_93

Thanks a lot man.

Board footer